OBLONG, Ill. (WTHI) - A death investigation is underway in Crawford County, Illinois.
That's according to the Crawford County Coroner.
He told us the body of a 40-year-old man was found inside the Oblong Park just before 2:00 Monday morning.
The victim was reported missing a couple of hours before he was located deceased in the park.
An autopsy is being performed at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute.
No foul play is suspected at this time.
The cause of death of under investigation.
- Death investigation underway after dead body found at Oblong Park
- Dead body found in Oblong Park appears to be suicide
- Two found dead inside Clay County, Illinois home, investigation underway
- 'Buster' teaches Oblong students school bus safety
- Death investigation underway in Sullivan County
- Police investigation underway after historic Parke County headstone found knocked over
- Three people are dead, homicide investigation underway in Greene County
- Officials investigate death of Parke County baby
- Crews use drones to find downed powerlines in Oblong
- Oblong boutique supplies clothes to those in need