TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are on day number five since a man jumped into the Wabash River in Terre Haute.
Since then, crews have combed the water looking for any sign of the man.
No names will be released until a body is recovered.
Authorities do say they believe they know who they are searching for.
Witnesses say a man in his mid-20's with long hair jumped into the river near Fairbanks Park around 6:00 on Wednesday night.
With river levels going down, authorities say search efforts will be scaled back.
- Conservation Officers continue search days after man jumps into Wabash River
- Day Five: Search continues for man that jumped in the Wabash River
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River
- Rescue workers continue searching for a person in the Wabash River
- Body found in Wabash river
- Vincennes prepared for Wabash River after rainfall
- Body recovered from Wabash River in Clinton
- Wabash River blessed by local church
- Man rescued after falling through railroad tracks near Wabash River
- Police identify the person at the center of Wabash River search