DAVIESS COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A community helps lay a Wabash Valley volunteer firefighter to rest.
This weekend, we told you about the death of Kendall Murphy from Daviess County.
Police say another firefighter crashed into the 26-year-old at the scene of the accident.
On Tuesday, the community celebrated Kendall's life at the Simon J. Graber Complex in Odon.
The embedded video comes from a group called Supporting Heroes.
They are a national group dedicated to honoring the lives of fallen service men and women.
After the funeral, a procession led Kendall to the Providence Mennonite Cemetery.
Bagpipes played as part of the ceremony.
After that, speakers spoke about his legacy.
Kendall was very active in the community.
He recently coached Barr-Reeve's High School Freshman Basketball team.
He was engaged to be married at the time of his death.
- Daviess County community gathers to pay respect to fallen firefighter
- Daviess county honors the fallen
- Community comes together to pay respect to fallen soldier
- Daviess County seeking community input
- Community members prepare to pay respects to Navy service member
- Community pays respects to Navy service member Tyler Clidienst
- Daviess County Election Results
- North Knox Pays Respect to Fallen Solider; Police say thanks for escort and support
- Several line the streets to pay their respects for fallen Terre Haute Police Officer
- People line up at Hulman Center to pay respects to fallen Officer Pitts