WABASH VALLEY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is saying thank you to veterans and active duty military.
November 11th is Veterans Day.
DNR says all veterans and active duty service men and women, along with everyone in their vehicle will be able to get into Indiana state parks, reservoir property, along with state forests for free.
You will need to provide proof of service.
Some of the acceptable identifications include discharge papers, veteran license plates, discharge papers, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Disability Award Letter, veterans hunting and fishing license, a document showing a veteran benefit, or any other certificate or verification letter.
- DNR offers vets free access to parks on Veterans Day
- DNR to offer free fishing April 21 at state’s lakes, rivers
- Free fishing day offers fun to community
- State parks free Sunday for veterans, active-duty military
- Terre Haute offers free city bus rides on election day
- Law firm offers free taxi rides on Saint Patrick's Day
- Terre Haute to offer free bus rides on Election Day
- Indiana DNR proposing bobcat hunting, trapping season
- Rural volunteer fire departments suffer; DNR helps
- Two Wabash Valley towns receive DNR grants