TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A man is in custody after a police standoff in Terre Haute.
It happened on Oakland Avenue, just off Wabash Avenue on the city's east side.
Christopher Blanton is facing preliminary charges of criminal recklessness and pointing a firearm.
Police chief John Plasse says it all started around 9:00 Sunday night when Blanton fired a gun.
That lead to the initial 9-1-1 call.
Our News 10 crew says they heard police demanding that Blanton come out of the house with his hands up.
He didn't come out, so officers stormed inside.
The incident caused neighbors to be evacuated.
A nearby Subway Restaurant stayed open late so people could be safe and warm.
Plasse says they found Blanton hiding in the attic.
- Arrest made after police standoff
- Police standoff ends with one man arrested
- Avenue standoff still under state police investigation
- Knox County man arrested after four hour standoff on Monday
- UPDATE: One Arrested after Terre Haute Standoff Situation
- Sheriff: Nine hour standoff ends with one arrest
- Arrest made in New Year's Eve stabbing
- Dallas officers out of surgery, arrest made
- Arrest made in community corrections arson
- Arrest made in early morning robbery