CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) – Police say a person hit by a train Sunday morning is dead.
The incident happened on the CSX track in Clinton, Indiana around 5:30 a.m. The train is currently stopped at the intersection of Main and Vine and is blocking several streets.
Investigators say they are taking the train apart as they work to figure out what happened. The process could take several hours. Police ask that you avoid the area as they continue their investigation.
The name of the person hit has not been released.
The Clinton Police Department is leading the investigation with the help of the Vermillion County Sheriff’s Office and CSX.
- Person killed after being hit by train Sunday morning in Clinton
- Train carrying GOP lawmakers hits truck, 1 on truck killed
- One person hurt in Tuesday morning crash
- Name released in fatal weekend train incident in Clinton
- One person killed in weekend ATV crash
- ISU opens up personal training services to the community
- Two killed in crash involving Amtrak train, freight train
- Bicyclist still in critical condition after being hit by a car on Sunday morning
- Bicknell native killed during military training exercise
- Elf Training