Photo Gallery 6 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)-- 15 people, including eight local, are now in federal custody on drug trafficking charges.
On Thursday, United States Attorney Josh. J. Minkler and different law agencies held a press conference.
They announced the multiple arrests that Minkler says are tied to two drug trafficking organizations.
The operation is called "Momma's Boy".
After six and a half months federal and local agencies were able to track down these organizations.
Seven people who are arrested are from Terre Haute and one from Brazil, Ind.
Authorities shut down drug operations stretching from right here in Terre Haute to Muncie.
Minkler told News 10 they seized nearly 23 pounds of meth and 12 guns.
"Armed drug deals fuel much of the violence that we see in the country today we believe that through that these prosecutions through this investigation the streets are safer today than they were six months ago," said Minkler.
Minkler said the rugs were brought in from California.
He described this as a "major seizure".
They credit help from the Terre Haute Police Department, the Indiana State Police and the Vigo County Drug Task Force to name a few.
He told us this is still an ongoing investigation.
"We want to get the leaders the organizers. that's meth that won't be redistributed," said Minkler.
Here are the names and ages of those who were arrested:
- Tavares Hutcherson, 42, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Timothy Stefanatos, 40, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Brock Matthews, 29, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Deena Roshel, 52, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Kyra Grindle, 19, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Brad W. Jones, 35, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Travis Eyre, 30, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Robert Cox, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Zachary Carson, 25, Terre Haute, Ind.
- James Briscoe, 36, Muncie, Indiana
- Damarus Page, 37, Anderson, Ind.
- Bradley Clephane, 35, Gosport, Spencer, Ind.
- Christopher Bays, 33, Brazil, Ind.
- Jamar Pugh, 26, Muncie, Ind.
- James Bell, 40 Muncie, Ind.