TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A major Terre Haute road is set to close next week.
The area of 1st Street, Hulman Street, and Prairieton Road is set to close from March 6th through June 28th.
That's for an improvement project.
Once the project is complete, it will eliminate a portion of 1st Street from the Prarieton Road bend to Hulman Street.
Crews hope this will help with traffic flow.
Detour routes will be created around the project.
Those are from Margaret Avenue to 3rd Street northbound, and Ohio Street to 3rd Street southbound.
- Crews set to start work on major Terre Haute road, closing it until summer
- Crews start work on Terre Haute roads
- Crews start work on Terre Haut sidewalks
- Crews start work on repaving Terre Haute road
- Work starts on busy Terre Haute road
- Crews start overnight road project in Terre Haute
- Crews close Terre Haute road for sewer repairs
- Crews close two Terre Haute roads for milling and repaving
- Crews work on another Terre Haute sinkhole
- Two Terre Haute bridges set to close for road projects