VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Reports of a house fire Monday morning triggered several volunteer fire departments to respond.
The call was around 8-o'clock.
It was on Deer Run Drive in Vigo County.
There was a lot of billowing smoke coming from the home.
The homeowner told News 10 he was renting the home to a group of Rose-Hulman students.
Working smoke detectors in the home alerted the students of smoke, and everyone was able to get out okay. But the homeowner told us, the kids lost all of their belongings and the house is a total loss.
The students do have another place to live in the meantime.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
News 10 reached out to the Seelyville Fire Department for more details.
We have not yet heard back.
- Crews respond to Vigo County house fire
- Crews respond to house fire in southern Vigo County
- Crews respond to house fire in Vigo County
- Fire crews respond to southern Vigo County fire
- Crews respond to Terre Haute house fire
- Crews respond to semi fire
- Crews battle fire in eastern Vigo County
- Crews respond after semi overturns in Vigo County pond
- Fire crews respond to mobile home fire in northern Vigo County
- Fire crews respond to overnight barn fire