WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Emergency and utility crews are responding to a gas leak in West Terre Haute.
According to firefighters, the gas leak was reported around 8:30 a.m. Thursday near the post office. Vectren tells News 10 a third-party construction crew inadvertently hit a gas line while working. Five customers lost service.
Duke Energy has also responded and shut off power in the area, which has been blocked off to traffic.
The area of the nearby school has been declared safe by officials.
Vectren says service should be restored soon.
- Crews respond to gas leak in West Terre Haute
- Crews battle fire in West Terre Haute
- Gas leak leads to Terre Haute bank evacuation
- Crews respond to Friday night house fire in Terre Haute
- Crews respond to transformer fire in Terre Haute
- Crews respond to fire at Terre Haute Prairie Farms building
- Crews respond to house fire on Terre Haute's south side
- Crews battle multiple brush fires in West Terre Haute
- Crews battle fire Friday evening in West Terre Haute
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute