VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - No injuries were reported after a fire at a Vincennes elementary school.
It happened around 4:00 at Vigo Elementary School.
Officials from the school corporation say a spot weld on the roof was to blame.
Some damage was reported, but nothing major.
School officials say “An area of the roof that was being welded got very hot and started smoking. This happened over a period time this afternoon/early evening. Once the area on the roof started smoking, we were contacted by contracted by concerned citizens. First responses were notified after that and quickly got to the scene to cool the area down and stop the smoke. This was done rather quickly.
While some minor damage happened to the roof, it is small and easily fixable. This will have no affect on the remodeling project. Most importantly, no construction worker or first responders were injured.”