CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have released new details on a deadly crash on Interstate 70 in Clay County.
Police say Daryl Duhrkoff of Michigan died in the crash.
They say it was a medical incident, and not the crash, killed him.
Authorities say Duhrkoff was driving on 70 when his passenger was not able to get his attention.
She told police he was acting normal and then had a blank stare.
That's when they say the car drifted off the road and hit the wood line.
First responders and passersbys tried to revive Duhrkoff.
The passenger was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
An autopsy is set for Friday.
— Sgt. Matt Ames (@ISPPutnamville) August 15, 2019
Traffic is moving slowly on I-70 eastbound near Brazil after a single-car accident. More information to follow. pic.twitter.com/CZm7hy6O6L
— Tilly Marlatt (@Tilly_WTHI) August 15, 2019
- Police identify the man involved in deadly I-70 crash
- Police identify man in Clay County I-70 motorcycle crash
- Several vehicles involved in I-70 Crash
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- US to probe fatal I-70 crash involving Tesla Model 3
- Crash involving three semis backs up I-70 for hours
- Brazil man arrested after fatal I-70 crash
- I-70 reopened after fatal crash
- Police identify the victim of Friday night fatal crash on I-70
- Police identify three teens involved in fatal Greene County crash