TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A police officer was hospitalized after a crash in Terre Haute.
It happened just after 5:30 at 30th Street and 8th Avenue.
Indiana State Police said Shae Shelton, 19 of Terre Haute was driving south on N 30th St. According to police, she didn't see a Dodge Charger traveling west on 8th Avenue. Indiana State Police Capitol Officer Charles Meneely of Terre Haute was driving that vehicle.
That's when the two collided. The crash caused Meneely's car to spin and stop on the eastbound lane of 8th Avenue.
Meneely went to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Shelton was not injured. Neither drugs nor alcohol were a factor in the crash.
- Police officer hurt in Terre Haute car crash
- One person hurt after Terre Haute crash
- One hurt in crash involving bicycle in downtown Terre Haute
- One person hurt after Terre Haute crash involving motorcycle
- One person hurt after Thursday night crash in Terre Haute
- One hurt in West Terre Haute fire
- Police officer shortage plaguing Terre Haute
- Driver cited after Terre Haute crash ends in law office
- Car fire in Terre Haute ruled arson
- Terre Haute Police Department rolls out 17 new squad cars