KNIGHTSVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - Early Tuesday morning there was a gas leak in Knightsville, IN.
Emergency crews started work on this scene not too long after it started. The gas line starts in Ohio and goes all the way through Robinson, IL.
Wednesday News 10 spoke with multiple representatives. They told us they were able to stop the leak the same day it started.
The next step is recovery mode. 300 barrels of natural gasoline were leaked. Crews are monitoring water, soil and the air in the area to make sure nothing is harmful.
While in Knightsville, we were able to talk to a few residents who live not too far from where the gas leaked.
If you are familiar with the Knightsville area, you know there is the Cloverleaf nursing home across the street from the site.
We were able to speak to them about this situation. They told us you can never be too cautious.
“We were in shock because with any gas leak there’s going to be concerns and questions,” said Allie Taylor. She’s the community liaison director for the Cloverleaf nursing home.
She told us that everyone is safe and she trusts their team of staff.
One man we spoke with told us that Wednesday was his first time hearing about the gas leak. Jim Keene lives a few blocks down from where the gas leaked at.
“I’m very concerned about it because this is just a block or so from my house,” he said. He claims no one told him about this gas leak and wished someone had.
Pipe repairs will begin in the near future.
- Crews continue to clean up scene after a natural gas pipeline leak in Clay County
- Crews on the scene of Marathon pipeline gas leak in Clay County
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute
- Crews respond to gas leak in West Terre Haute
- Lanes of U.S. 40 in Clay County reopen after gas leak
- Sullivan County evacuation quickly called off after crews contain gas leak
- Knox County gas leak leads to school evacuation
- Vigo County elementary school evacuated after possible gas leak
- Crawford County, IL Sheriff's Office warns of gas leak
- Crews on scene of large warehouse fire