VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Crews were on the scene of a factory fire on Tuesday afternoon in Vincennes.
It started at around 2:30 at Packaging Corporation of America on East St. Clair Street.
Fire officials say the blaze started in the compactor room of the plant.
When firefighters responded, the factory was full of smoke, which caused them to have a hard time to determine the size of the fire.
Crews were able to contain the fire to two compactors, along with the cardboard material inside of them.
Officials say damage costs could be in the tens of thousands of dollars.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
- Crews battle factory fire in Vincennes
- Fire crews battle blaze at Vincennes business
- Crews battle huge house fire
- Crews battle fire in West Terre Haute
- Crews battle fire in eastern Vigo County
- Crews battle fire at Brazil trucking company
- Crews prepare for Vincennes' Watermelon Drop
- Crews make repairs to vandalized Vincennes statue
- Battle of Badges underway in Vincennes
- Crews battle more than fire during winter months