TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about a suspect at the center of a Terre Haute murder investigation.
Durend Randall faced a judge for the first time on Friday.
Last week, Randall was arrested in connection to a shooting.
It happened on Heritage Drive.
That's where police say one man was killed after being shot. Another was hurt.
Court records say Antwane Randall got into a struggle with Durend.
That's when the gun fired/ Antwane was taken to the hospital for his injuries.
According to the court records, he told officers he saw another victim on the floor with several gunshot wounds.
Police identified the person that was killed as Evan Pershing.
Durend Randall has a criminal history. He was convicted of domestic battery in 2013 and convicted of robbery in 2016.
A jury trial is set for May of next year.
- Court documents show more details about Terre Haute murder investigation
- New details released after Terre Haute standoff
- More details, cause of death revealed in court documents for Sullivan County murder
- Court documents allege Terre Haute firefighter molested two underage girls, had child pornography
- Court documents show a Vincennes murder trial has been pushed back again
- Schedule for the Terre Haute Air Show
- Terre Haute Air Show New Information
- Jury seated in Terre Haute murder case
- Terre Haute man found guilty of murder
- Terre Haute man arrested for murder