TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A man who police say threatened them with a stick, appeared in court Wednesday morning.
James Smith is facing a charge of robbery.
According to police, Smith demanded cash and cigarettes from the Quick-Mart on Lafayette Avenue last week.
Court documents say he also broke into a house and let the dogs out before running away. When police tried to arrest Smith, they say he was holding a stick as if it were a long gun.
Smith remains in the Vigo County Jail.
- Court documents: Man broke into home, threatened police with a stick
- Terre Haute man who threatened police with a stick back in court
- Court documents: Man admitted to impersonating a police officer at least three times
- A bear broke into a Colorado home, then smashed through the wall to escape police
- Court documents shed more light on weekend standoff
- Monarch butterflies stick around late into Fall
- Terre Haute man charged after police say he stole a vehicle and broke into store
- Who is Doug Tischbein? The other man mentioned in Danny Tanoos court documents
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- Police report man stole safe, threatened victim and punched officer