VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Jail is at the center of another meeting for county officials.
On Thursday, officials met in an executive session.
Commissioner Brad Anderson told us the people individually named in the lawsuit were attending.
They met with attorneys to talk about the lawsuit they are facing.
Inmates are suing commissioners, council members the sheriff, and others.
Anderson said they're making progress on resolving issues.
On Wednesday, a judge made a new court order outlining necessary steps.
They include construction and staffing plans.
"We're getting closer to a design and a location for the jail...and the new correctional officers will help in this new court order," Anderson said.
County officials will attend a hearing on November 13th to report to the judge on their progress.
- County officials facing jail lawsuit meet in executive session
- Vigo County School board announces closed-door executive session meeting later this week
- Vigo County gets extension in jail lawsuit
- Both parties involved in federal lawsuit against Vigo County Jail to meet on Monday
- Vigo County leaders set to meet with a federal judge over jail lawsuit
- 'Deliberately Indifferent' New lawsuit claims Vigo County officials not doing enough about jail conditions
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Two settle their lawsuit with the Vigo County jail
- Group meets for community brainstorming session
- Vigo County School Corporation remains silent on purpose of executive session in Indianapolis