VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - County leaders have approved a funding agreement for a convention center in downtown Terre Haute.
The board unanimously approved what is called the Interlocal Agreement.
It says money to pay for the convention center would come from the city, county, redevelopment commission, convention and visitors bureau, and the capital improvement board.
Leaders say construction could start in late May or early June.
- County leaders approve Interlocal Agreement to fund new convention center
- Commissioners approve funding for convention center
- City council approves convention center funding plan
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- One step closer to a Convention Center
- Vigo County's CIB renews it's commitment to convention center
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- Commissioners approve formal letter in support of a plan to pay for new convention center
- Food, beverage tax increase passes Senate, would fund new convention center