VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - County leaders have approved a funding agreement for a convention center in downtown Terre Haute.
The board unanimously approved what is called the Interlocal Agreement.
It says money to pay for the convention center would come from the city, county, redevelopment commission, convention and visitors bureau, and the capital improvement board.
Leaders say construction could start in late May or early June.
- County leaders approve Interlocal Agreement to fund new convention center
- Bicknell interlocal agreement passed 5-1
- Knox County commissioners pass interlocal agreement 2-1
- Commissioners approve funding for convention center
- City council approves convention center funding plan
- Bicknell City Council approved interlocal agreement with Knox County Sheriff's department
- Knox County, Bicknell reach an interlocal agreement - police operations handed over to the county in October
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- One step closer to a Convention Center