The new Vigo county jail took a step towards becoming a reality Tuesday.
County commissioners approved a preliminary design for the jail, this approval comes after a presentation by Garmong Construction and DLZ.
They approved a design for a 494 bed jail that's inside a 131,000 square foot facility.
The design is based on the jail being built on the former International Paper property.
Next month the Terre Haute City Council will vote for a rezoning request by Vigo county.
News 10's Jon Swaner was at today's presentation. he'll have more tonight
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail
- Vigo County Commissioners approve jail design, $101,000 per inmate
- Vigo County commissioners approve bids for new jail project
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Vigo County Commissioners approve ambulance contract with Trans-Care
- Commissioners approve around $2 million for Vigo County road improvements
- Vigo County Commissioners speak out again on future jail location
- Vigo County Jail project takes center stage at commissioner meeting
- Vigo County Commissioners select a location for new Vigo County Jail
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit