VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials have released the identity of a kayaker that was found dead in August.
According to Vigo County Coroner Susan Amos, that man was identified 35-year-old Duanne Tingley. of Martinsville, Illinois.
Tingley was found in the 150 and Hollingsworth areas in West Terre Haute.
According to Amos, alcohol, and meth were believed to be factors in Tingley's death.
She said they needed to use DNA to positively identify him.
- Coroner identifies kayaker that was found dead
- Coroner identifies victim of Meridian Tower fire
- Sullivan County Coroner identifies victim of weekend truck fire
- Coroner positively identifies body located in Honda CRV to be missing Terre Haute woman
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- Shakamak State Park set to receive kayak launch
- Police identify Vincennes 2-year-old that was found dead, one man behind bars
- UPDATE: Person found dead near Greenwood airport identified as man reported missing in February
- Dugger man found dead in private pond
- Coroner: Accused state lawmaker's death is apparent suicide