VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Vigo County bridge that's considered an emergency project is one step closer to being fixed.
On Wednesday morning the Vigo County Commissioners heard bid amounts for the work on Cook Road Bridge.
The bridge has been closed for months due to major flooding.
Two contractors submitted quotes. The amount for both companies is between $300 and $500. There's a $120,000 difference between the two companies.
Now, Commissioners will look-over documents and select a company.
When it comes to a time-frame Commissioners say work will begin immediately.
That's after final paperwork goes through the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
- Cook Road Bridge in Vigo County one step closer to being fixed
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County
- Work on hold for Cook Road Bridge
- One step closer to fixing the dam problem
- Vigo County Parks plans to fix Irishman's Bridge
- Bridge on Cook Road in western Vigo County still closed; needs repairs
- County looking to fix bridge issue before opening Riley Road
- Construction could begin any day on Cook Road Bridge
- Construction company approved to start work on Cook Bridge in Vigo County
- Vigo County is one step closer to finalizing plans for the new jail