TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about convention center plans and how they may impact downtown Terre Haute.
News 10 has received the 'Traffic Impact Study for the planned convention center.
It is an 80-page long document from 'A & F Engineering.'
The proposed location for the convention center is between 7th and 9th Streets and between Wabash Avenue and Cherry Street.
The plan involves a convention center and hotel, each with parking garages.
The firm studies seven intersections in the area and how they would be impacted.
This involved looking at traffic patterns.
The study found the proposed center would not create problems for most intersections.
The study does suggest a traffic control officer at peak exit times for three intersections.
Those three are 7th Street, at the hotel parking garage, Cherry Street at the hotel parking garage, and Cherry Street at the convention center parking garage.
- Convention center traffic study suggests three traffic control officers at peak times
- Officials working on traffic studies for proposed convention center locations
- County working on a traffic study to see how well downtown Terre Haute could handle convention center
- Talk of two-way traffic in order to build convention center
- Hymera Traffic Alert
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- TRAFFIC: 19th Street remains closed
- Lyford T reopens to traffic