VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County leaders have approved a company to start working on an emergency bridge.
We've been following this construction alert for you for several weeks.
As of Tuesday, Commissioners are now one step closer to fixing the Cook Bridge in western Vigo County.
They've chosen the company HIS Constructors and it's expected to cost about $346,000.
Leaders hope work will begin immediately following final permits.
- Construction company approved to start work on Cook Bridge in Vigo County
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County
- Crews start construction on Vermillion County bridge
- Work on hold for Cook Road Bridge
- Construction could begin any day on Cook Road Bridge
- Work (finally) starts on Poplar Street bridge
- Bridge on Cook Road in western Vigo County still closed; needs repairs
- Cook Road Bridge in Vigo County one step closer to being fixed
- Part of Vigo County bridge washes out
- Vermillion County bridge will be down to one lane for construction work