TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man is being remembered for how he guided students in the classroom and supported them on the baseball diamond.
We've told you about efforts to honor beloved teacher and coach, Brian Pickens.
Hundreds packed inside Terre Haute South Vigo High School for a celebration of life Sunday night.
Pickens died a few weeks ago after a battle with cancer.
Those at the service said they want to honor his legacy and support his family through this difficult time.
"Just trying to crack a joke, lighten the mood he was always that kind of guy. Definitley his comical side of him that's definitley something I want to carry on with me," said Alexandra Pickens.
You can still support the Pickens family.
There is a GoFundMe account.
The money will be used to cover medical bills and funeral costs.
- Community remembers Coach Brian Pickens with celebration of life
- Community to gather and celebrate life of Coach Brian Pickens
- A young life taken too soon; community members gather to remember the life of Rylee Rogers
- Remembering a life lost too soon
- Community remembers former Vincennes mayor Terry Mooney
- Celebration of Life set for David Hoffa, Honey Creek teacher and coach killed in crash
- New Life holds 4th of July Celebration
- Twins celebrate 96 years of life!
- Investigative reporter Brian Ross leaving ABC News
- Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma announces retirement