SULLIVAN Ind. (WTHI)- The Sullivan community was in mourning Monday.
Family, friends and community members gathered to pay their respects to Aviation Machinist Mate 2nd class Tyler Clidienst.
Services were at noon Monday at the Westside Church of Christ.
Family and friends shared kind words and memories they had with Tyler over the years.
This is a difficult time for everyone, that's why they chose not to speak to us on camera, but they did say how much Tyler meant to everyone.
They said he touched the lives of everyone he met.
Tyler always made people laugh and feel good about themselves.
They said in his short 30 years, he lived more than most do their entire life.
Community members helped honor his memory by hanging flags outside of the house he grew up in.
The funeral procession made a stop right outside of that house.
Tyler grew up in Sullivan and graduated from Sullivan High School.
He was stationed in Norfolk, Virginia when he died in the hospital.
- Community pays respects to Navy service member Tyler Clidienst
- Community members prepare to pay respects to Navy service member
- Daviess County community gathers to pay respect to fallen firefighter
- Community comes together to pay respect to fallen soldier
- Secret Service members create challenge coin for working without pay
- Mourners lining up to pay final respects to Barbara Bush
- North Knox Pays Respect to Fallen Solider; Police say thanks for escort and support
- Mourners can pay respects to Boone County Deputy Jacob Pickett during Thursday’s visitation
- Several line the streets to pay their respects for fallen Terre Haute Police Officer
- People line up at Hulman Center to pay respects to fallen Officer Pitts