TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Community leaders are gathering to discuss school safety and combating gun violence.
The greater Terre Haute NAACP branch has invited Vigo County safety officials to speak at Monday night's meeting.
Group members said they want to know what's being done to prevent violence in schools, what parents and students can do and if laws need to change to better protect schools.
The meeting is at 6:30 p.m. at the Vigo County Public Library.
Everyone is invited to get involved in the conversation.
- Community leaders to discuss school safety concerns at NAACP meeting
- Leaders and community meet during revitalization meeting
- Local Leaders Concerned about Teen Driving Safety
- NAACP and VCSC team up to discuss school safety and gun violence
- NAACP hosting meeting to help voters
- NAACP holds community meeting to talk inclusion in Vigo County Schools
- NAACP holds meeting to discuss Black History Month and race impact
- Community leaders gather to discuss issues today's youth struggle with
- Former local NAACP leader reinstated after election run
- Former NAACP leader exposed as white faces fraud charges