TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One group is taking on some tough topics while training others how to do the same.
We're talking about Team of Mercy.
On Friday, the group held an all-day seminar in Terre Haute.
It focused on youth mental health and first aid.
15 participants learned skills and how to look for symptoms of problems among today's youth.
Organizers want to get out the message that issues plaguing teens are preventable with the right help.
- Community leaders gather to discuss issues today's youth struggle with
- Community leaders gather Business and Bagels
- Group gathers to discuss pool options
- Community leaders to discuss school safety concerns at NAACP meeting
- Youth leaders receive mental health training
- Mormons pulling 400,000 youths out of struggling Boy Scouts
- Community Spotlight: Chances and Services for Youth
- Leaders gather to cut the ribbon on 12-Points store
- Community leaders learn how to be "stellar"
- Leaders and community meet during revitalization meeting