SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A community came together to help a Sullivan County man. That's after his battle with a life-changing diagnosis.
The Hope For Hodgkins event was held in Sullivan on Saturday.
It was a benefit for Alec Tatom. Tatom is currently living with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
He was diagnosed in May.
Saturday's event included a bike and car show, raffles, auctions and live music.
"It is amazing, it is amazing," said Tatom, "I can't believe how much the community has come together. It surprised me, but I'm thankful for it."
Money raised from the event will go to a "Hope For Hodgkins" account. Because of his diagnosis, Tatom is unable to work. The money will help pay for his medical expenses.
- Community hosts benefit for local man battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Concert benefits local community center
- Local church hosts community block party
- Soup Bowl benefit helps feed thousands in local community
- Golf event benefits local children
- Catholic Charities hosts annual benefit dinner
- Dueling Pianos event benefits Sullivan community
- Church hosts community block party
- AARP hosted community resource fair
- Local groups host community dinner in West Terre Haute