PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - We have an update to a News 10 special report, Beyond the Reflection.
We introduced you to 30-year-old Kara Kirby.
She lives with frontotemporal dementia, or FTD.
Sunday, people came together to support her and her family.
There was a benefit dinner at Saint Mary's Church in Paris, Illinois.
There was also a hog raffle, bake sale and silent auction.
All the proceeds will benefit the Kirby family.
FTD is a type of dementia that impacts younger adults.
There is no cure.
- Community comes together to support 30-year-old woman living with form of dementia
- Patrece Dayton celebrates 30-years with WTHI
- US births hit a 30-year low, despite good economy
- Illinois man with trick gun gets 30-year prison sentence
- Golden Apple Nomination Form
- How does lightning form?
- How Frost Forms
- How do tornadoes form?
- How Does Hail Form?
- Honoring those who support dementia and Alzheimer's patients with 'The Longest Day Ever'