WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Helping Hands organization in West Terre Haute, lives up to their name.
"It's just a blessing, it really is,” said Shirley Herrington.
A huge help to not only their community, but those nearby. Herrington added, "People on limited income, need a good wardrobe and everything we put out is quality." Herrington is on the Board of Directors.
The majority of the items are .25 and .50 cents. All items are donated, which is extremely appreciated.
The Helping Hands non-profit organization was established in 2003. Their purpose is to provide quality clothing and household items to the community and that’s exactly what they’re doing. However, that’s able to happen because of donations from people like you. The organization works with the West Terre Haute Ministerial Alliance, the West Terre Haute Town Board, the Providence Food Pantry, and local schools and other groups.
"We've always considered this Gods store and to see the need being met, it warms our hearts," said Herrington.
The Helping Hands, partnering with many other organizations contributing funds totaling more than $1,000,000,000 to the community! The need for donations remains constant, and you can help out. Donations are being accepted.
You can drop off donations Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Herrington added, "And they just bring the donation to the door, we even help them unload it, if need-be." Volunteers ready with helping hands, are always welcomed.
Shopping hours are Tuesday 9:00 a.m. until Noon. Thursday 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. – and Saturday 9:00 a.m. until Noon.
- Community Spotlight: The Helping Hands organization in West Terre Haute
- Community Spotlight: Happiness Bag in Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Community Spotlight: Terre Haute Women's Club Shoe Bus
- Community Spotlight: CODA
- Community Spotlight: Salvation Army
- West Terre Haute Police Department makes donation to community center
- Local groups host community dinner in West Terre Haute
- Community Spotlight: American Red Cross.
- Community dinner helps support fallen Terre Haute Police Officer's family