TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - Terre Haute and Vigo County now have a major boost in funding to repair local roads and bridges.
It comes from the Community Crossing Grant Program through the Indiana Department of Transportation. The city was awarded $829,983.69 The county was awarded $959,337.85.
Both the city and county have been working to maintain road maintenance and prioritize safety for drivers and pedestrians.
Upcoming road closures and improvements will be announced in the future.
- Community Crossing Grant Program awards money to Terre Haute and Vigo County
- Terre Haute denied community crossing grant...what happened?
- Groups awarded grant money through Wabash Valley Community Foundation
- Launch Terre Haute utilizing grant money to create podcast studio
- Rosedale receives third Community Crossing grant
- Terre Haute church granted land for new community garden
- Local art programs receive grant money
- Community honors Terre Haute firefighters
- Railroad crossing in Terre Haute reopened
- Work starts on Terre Haute railroad crossing