TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) – Vigo County leaders have reached a decision in financial planning for a new convention center.
Commissioners approved a resolution today that would help fund the project. It’s an agreement between the Capital Improvement Board, the city, the county, and the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The food and beverage tax will continue to be source of funding.
Officials expect to break ground in late May or early June.
- Commissioners approve funding for convention center
- City council approves convention center funding plan
- County leaders approve Interlocal Agreement to fund new convention center
- Commissioners approve formal letter in support of a plan to pay for new convention center
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- One step closer to a Convention Center
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- Terre Haute Board of Works approves measures ahead of new convention center project
- Food, beverage tax increase passes Senate, would fund new convention center