VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 has learned Vigo County's 911 Director is no longer employed by the county.
On Thursday, we received a tip that Rob McMullen was escorted out of the dispatch center.
We reached out to Vigo County Commissioner Brendan Kearns.
Kearns told News 10 "His employment was terminated today. I have nothing further to add at this time."
Commissioner Brad Anderson told News 10 Human Resources told McMullen "We are going to go in a different direction."
We also reached out to McMullen. He told us "I decided to leave. That's all I'm willing to say at this time."
We have also reached out to Commissioner Judy Anderson. So far, we have not heard back from her.
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Commissioner tells News 10 Vigo County 911 Director Rob McMullen terminated
- Commissioners appoint new Vigo County 911 Director
- McMullen shares his plans as Knox County Interim 911 Director
- Interim Vigo County 9-1-1 director announced after removal of McMullen
- New Vigo County 911 Director hits the ground running
- Dismissed Vigo County 911 director hired as Knox County interim E 911 director
- The search continues for a Vigo County 911 director
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed