TERRE HAUTE. Ind (WTHI) - A company with a Terre Haute plant may close by the end of the year.
Columbian Home Products, LLC submitted a WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) Notice of Plant Closure to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. It states the Terre Haute plant is closing and the termination of 82 employees will start on December first. The letter is dated September 30, with a received stamp of October 15.
News 10 talked with the owner of Columbian Home Products, LLC, Dick Ryan. He explained his company has been trying to find a buyer for several months. He says the company told employees if there is no buyer found, the plant will close.
Under law, companies with a certain number of employees must file a WARN notice 60 days before any closure or mass layoff. Ryan said the WARN notice was sent on the possibility that there isn't an agreement with a buyer.
The Terre Haute plant is located at 1600 Beech Street.
The WARN notice states the closure is expected to be permanent. Ryan said any information about severance options would be communicated first with the employees.
- Columbian Home Products announces it may close by the end of the year
- Terre Haute plant announces plans to expand production
- Troubled Illinois nursing home announces interim administrator
- Pumpkin Works to close after this year
- Nasser’s Furniture closing after 92 years
- Terre Haute restaurant announces it will close its doors
- Terre Haute announces a pair of street closings
- Prairie Creek Park Prepares for Syrup Production
- Syrup production underway at area park
- NASA announces top three designs for homes on Mars