MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Teachers from Spain to work in Illinois in exchange program
- Beer yoga clears mind, fills glass
- Terre Haute warming center filled to capacity
- Loogootee teen arrested on numerous drug charges, including dealing cocaine
- Dayton shooter had cocaine in his system, coroner says
- Hurricane Dorian is sending bricks of cocaine to Florida beaches
- TONIGHT: Vigo County Democratic Caucus to fill Third District seat
- Sounds of praise fill local churches on Christmas Day