(CNN) -- Coca-Cola may be looking into a new ingredient.
The company is signaling interest in the potential sale of cannabis-infused drinks.
Coke says it's following debate over the ingredient Cannabidiol, or CBD, a non-psychoactive ingredient derived from marijuana.
Coke says it's an ingredient that could gain ground in wellness beverages globally.
According to Bloomberg, Coke is in talks with a Canadian cannabis company on potential products. But the company says it's just watching increased use of CBD for now.
The company hasn't made any decisions about using it in Coke products.
- Coca-Cola considering cannabis beverages
- Coca-Cola Festival: Celebrating the birthplace of the cola bottle
- Coca-Cola bottle born in Terre Haute
- Coca-Cannabis? Coke analyzing cannabis in wellness drinks
- Coca-Cola Festival set for this weekend in Terre Haute
- Coca-Cola Bike Racks installed in downtown Terre Haute
- Byron becomes youngest ever to capture Coca-Cola 600 pole
- Second annual Coca-Cola Bottle Fest held in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Coca-Cola warehouse to move, around 15 will be out of a job
- Group working to make the Coca-Cola bottle and Terre Haute