CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One Clay County, Indiana school proved it can make the grade.
State leaders presented the "National Blue Ribbon School Award" to Staunton Elementary School at Thursday night's Clay Community School Board of Trustees meeting.
The U.S. Secretary of Education is behind the award.
It acknowledges academic performance and progress.
"We are thrilled for them and proud of them. With 349 schools in the nation. 7 others in the state It's a very elite group," Superintendent Jeff Fritz said.
- Clay County school receives big honors
- Clay County school receives national honors
- Clay County theatre receives big donation
- Clay County group receives donation
- Clay County set to receive big grant money
- Clay Community Schools receives STEM grant
- Cradles of Clay County receives $2,200 donation
- Clay County group receives $40,000 grant
- Clay County VFW Post receives land donation
- Clay County group receives $6,600 donation