CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Helping keep the fairgrounds green this Saint Patrick's Day.
The Clay County 4-H council hosted a chicken noodle dinner Saturday night, with proceeds helping maintain the fairgrounds.
The group serves over 500 kids in the community.
The fundraiser helps them give opportunities to the kids.
"In mostly all of these events, I see these kids step out of their comfort zone, and I see them step up to the plate and help people do what's right, help each other. So it's really great to see that kind of thing," said Jenn Dowell, Clay County 4-H council president.
The community was invited to enjoy delicious food and a silent auction.
Organizers say this fundraiser gives them an opportunity to continue serving the community.
- Clay County 4-H hosts fundraiser dinner
- Meals on Wheels hosts fundraiser dinner
- Drug take back day hosted in Clay County
- Brazil Clay County Airport hosts fly-in event for community
- Catholic Charities hosts annual benefit dinner
- Make a Difference: Making 4-H her passion
- Vigo County 4-H Council craft bazaar helps fund member scholarships
- Clay County group receives donation
- Clay County boil order lifted