BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) -- The Clay County Historical Society held a special event for veterans today.
Community members had the opportunity to meet with Colonel David W. Eberly.
Eberly grew up in Brazil and attended Indiana University before starting his career with the U.S. Air Force. He has since retired and now lives in Virginia. He authored the book Faith Beyond Belief, The Journey to Freedom, which documents his experience as a POW of the Persian Gulf War.
He is being inducted into the Indiana Veterans Military Hall of Fame on Friday, November 8 at Fort Harrison.
“It’s a great honor to represent my hometown, represent the US Air Force and be inducted in [the] Hall of Fame,” Eberly told News 10.
- Clay Co. Historical Society hosts meet and greet with Col. David W. Eberly
- Haute Life hosts meet and greet for community
- Historical society unveils unique exhibit
- Community Spotlight: The Vigo County Historical Society
- Happiness Bag hosts princess meet and greet tea party for community
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters to hold weekend meet and greet
- Annual Mayor's Ride looks to benefit Clay County Humane Society
- Clay County 4-H hosts fundraiser dinner
- Cyber scammers target Sullivan historical society mailing list
- Vigo County Historical Society to offer memberships for new museum