TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Terre Haute's mayor says he is working on a plan to reopen the YMCA pool.
We told you back in August that the pool was closing.
The CEO told us money was the number one reason.
Now, the city and the YMCA are working on a partnership to keep it open.
Mayor Duke Bennett told us they are crunching some numbers to help develop a plan.
He says the pool is an important asset to the community.
"We know it is definitely a community desire to do something with it. But we need to make sure we do it right...and make sure we can sustain this in the long run," Bennett said.
He said they are making progress, but a decision hasn't been made.
- City of Terre Haute working on plan to reopen YMCA pool
- YMCA and City of Terre Haute formally announce plans to reopen pool
- Terre Haute's mayor says the city and YMCA reach verbal agreement to reopen the pool
- City of Terre Haute and Vigo County YMCA reach tentative agreement to reopen pool
- YMCA and city plan to reopen pool in the next 30 days
- Efforts continue to reopen YMCA Pool in Vigo County
- Contract involving the reopening of the YMCA pool approved
- YMCA Pool: Terre Haute's mayor feels confident, while the Y says talks of it reopening are premature
- Bloomfield pool reopens
- 'I can't wait,' Locals share their excitement as the YMCA pool plans to reopen its doors