TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The City of Terre Haute is trying to get what's called 'Cultural District Designation' for part of its downtown.
It's recognition from the Indiana Arts Commission that honors cities with areas that emphasize art and culture.
We caught up with a large group working toward the next step of that designation.
The group represents several organizations working together to better the downtown area.
News 10 learned Terre Haute passed the first part of the application process...now, the city will prepare for a visit from the state to see if it made the final cut.
- City of Terre Haute applies for part of its downtown
- Does downtown Terre Haute need parking meters?
- Lee Company expanding in downtown Terre Haute
- New restaurant opens in downtown Terre Haute
- 'Get fit' in downtown Terre Haute Friday
- Consultant: Terre Haute city finances improving
- New restaurant open for business in downtown Terre Haute
- Saint Patrick's Day parade kicks off in downtown Terre Haute
- Downtown Terre Haute street closures for Officer Pitts services
- Mural party celebrates the new addition to downtown Terre Haute