BRAZIL, Ind. (WTHI) - Talks for a new contract between the City of Brazil and the Clay County Humane Society resumed on Thursday.
They did not reach a deal.
Both sides told News 10 a new contract is possible.
The shelter's contract with the city to take in stray animals ended at the end of last year.
That contract was for $20,000.
The shelter's director said they would sign for the same amount of money.
One point of contention is language in the old contract that defines what an animal emergency is.
Both sides agree that they are far apart on that issue.
The shelter's director says she plans to meet with city council members in the next few days.
- City of Brazil and Clay County Humane Society still can't come to a deal
- Agreement official between Brazil and Clay County Humane Society for animal control
- Agreement made in Clay County between Brazil and Humane Society for animal control
- Annual Mayor's Ride looks to benefit Clay County Humane Society
- Humane society dealing with sewer issues
- Brazil Mayor's Ride a big success for the humane society
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Saturday event set to raise money for Clay County Humane Society
- Clay County Humane Society in quarantine as six cats die from feline distemper
- Check presented to Clay County Humane Society after annual Mayor's Ride