TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute business community celebrated a new hotel on Tuesday.
Leaders held a ribbon cutting ceremony for La Quinta Inns and Suites.
The hotel is near 3rd Street and Margaret Avenue.
They officially opened back in January.
Organizers say with Terre Haute's growing economy, it's important to offer more places for visitors to stay.
The Terre Haute Convention and Visitors Bureau said the addition of this hotel put the city at just under 2,000 rooms total.
- City leaders cut the ribbon on a new hotel
- Leaders gather to cut the ribbon on 12-Points store
- Trucking company holds ribbon cutting for new location
- Official cut the ribbon on new VA Clinic
- The ribbon is cut on a new boat dock at Fairbanks Park
- City Councilman addresses state request for city budget cut
- Local intersection bears ribbon for breast cancer awareness
- Vigo County middle schooler wins red ribbon award
- 'Handing over the key and cutting the ribbon, those are the tear jerking moments' The Habitat for Humanity celebrates 30 years of giving back
- Newspaper: Indiana city paying $1M for Colts’ hotel rental