LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Church of Scientology is about to get its own television channel starting Monday.
A Twitter handle, website and app for Scientology TV appeared Sunday posting updates to hype the network’s availability on DIRECTV, AppleTV, Roku, fireTV, Chromecast, iTunes and Google Play.
A tweet Sunday from the ScientologyTV account says, “It’s time for us to tell our story.”
Scientology has been the subject of a handful of high-profile projects investigating its alleged abuses of former members including Leah Remini’s A&E docuseries “Scientology and the Aftermath” and Alex Gibney’s Emmy-winning documentary, “Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.”
The website scientology.tv says the Scientology Network will debut on at 8 p.m. eastern on Monday although it was not made clear what kind of programming the network will feature.
- Church of Scientology readies to launch a TV network
- Apple launches new TV app in over 100 countries
- WTHI-TV's History
- New broadband network aids first responders
- Here are all the movies and TV shows you can binge on when Disney+ launches
- Local church holds 5k
- Church fireworks show postponed
- Groups meet for networking opportunity in downtown Terre Haute
- Indiana Health Network pays about $55,000 ransom to hackers
- Local students network with law enforcement and more