TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A community garden could soon expand – thanks to cooperation between a Terre Haute church and county officials.
The Vigo County Commissioners assigned Tax Sale Certificates of a property area on Spruce Street to the Spruce Street Church.
The church will now look for all possible owners to see if they have an interest in keeping the property.
If not, the court could award the property outright to the church.
Church officials said they plan to use the property to expand its community garden.
- Church could get control of vacant property
- Vacant house in West Terre Haute destroyed by overnight fire
- Vacant homes causing issues for the city of Brazil
- Folks in Seelyville disappointed jobs aren't coming to vacant plant
- Local church holds 5k
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Former Pfizer property discussed during redevelopment meeting
- Brazil property damaged from snow plow trucks
- Sale Pending for Beau Monde property
- Answers to your property tax assessment questions