DANA, Ind. (WTHI) - The former bank in Dana, Indiana is getting new life! That’s as work is underway to transform it into a school.
The First Baptist Church of Dana is working to make the building Dana Christian School. It’s located at 129 North Maple Street.
Administrators say the school will serve students from kindergarten age through 6th grade. They say each succeeding school year, additional grades will be added until students earn their diplomas and graduate from the school. Officials add that a preschool element is also in the works.
Administrators say the school is geared toward serving families from Edgar County, Illinois, Vermillion County and Parke County, Indiana. However, they are not limiting those who want to be enrolled to those counties.
School officials say “Abeka” will be the primary curriculum used in the school. The school also plans to incorporate professionally illustrated textbooks, teaching aids, hands-on activities, challenging exercises, purposeful repetition, and more to make learning interesting and memorable.
Teachers are currently being considered for employment. Administrators add there are many opportunities to serve. Some of the opportunities will be mentoring, discipling, tutoring, aiding teachers and just plain loving and serving. Lastly, the school is still seeking funding, and are looking to partner with individuals and businesses to make this school a reality.
For more information on hiring, volunteering, or donating, you can click here, or contact School Administrator Harold House at 260-579-1920.
The school will be opening its doors in August of 2018.
If you would like to connect with School Administrators personally, you have an opportunity to do so very soon. The school’s next open house and enrollment roundup is set for March 17th . It will take place from 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the school.
- Christian school coming to Dana
- Dana Christian School still accepting applications for new students
- New Christian school to hold open house
- New Christian school holds first open house
- Christians celebrate All Saints Day
- Mobile food pantry makes stop in Dana
- Plans for a new Christian school move forward
- Christian Women's Connection holds sing-along event
- Christian group files US complaint on Illinois abortion law
- Open Arms Christian Ministries opening its doors to boys in the fall