(CNN)- Chili's restaurant chain is the latest company to suffer a data breach.
The bar and grill released a statement on Saturday informing customers of a "data incident".
The company believes it is limited to between March and April 2018 and only for in-restaurant purchases.
Chili's did not go into detail about which of the corporate-owned restaurants were affected. Nor how many people may have been impacted.
In a statement, Chili's said they believe malware was used to gather payment card information.
And that they are working with third-party forensic experts and law enforcement.
- Chili's reveals possible data breach
- Purdue responds to data breach of 26,598 applicants
- Insurer Anthem will pay record $16M for massive data breach
- Hackers breach HealthCare.gov system, get data on 75,000
- Quora says 100 million users hit by 'malicious' data breach
- Facebook could face billion dollar fine for data breaches
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- 25th Annual Kiwanis Chili Day
- Chili cook off helps out the community
- Chili cookoff raises money for literacy efforts