CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials have released the cause of the fatal Meridian Towers fire that happened on Feb. 5 in Brazil.
News 10 Spoke with Brazil Fire Chief Jake Bennett. He says the cause of the fire was the apartment occupant smoking while using an oxygen machine.
The Clay County Coroner identified the victim was Elizabeth Thorpe.
Bennett says at this point, one of the injured residents is still receiving medical care in Indianapolis. He says the other injured resident has been released from the hospital.