(CNN) -- America's favorite restaurant chain just added to its menu for the first time in three years.
As of Monday, Chick-fil-A offers macaroni and cheese as a side option nationwide -- the only addition since 2016.
"Mac & Cheese is the quintessential comfort food, and something we are so excited to offer our guests at Chick-fil-A," said Amanda Norris, executive director of menu and packaging in a statement.
The chain says it's using a "classic" recipe, made with a blend of cheeses including cheddar, Parmesan and Romano, and baked fresh daily.
Chick-fil-A is one of the most profitable restaurant chains in the country, according to Nation's Restaurant News. It generated $10.6 billion in annual sales, behind only McDonald's and Starbucks.
The company is also known for its customer service, even helping one customer change a flat tire last month.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Chick-fil-A adds mac and cheese to the menu
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Jack Dorsey, Twitter's CEO, blasted for patronizing Chick-fil-A
- Woman gives birth in Chick-fil-A bathroom, baby gets perks
- Chick-Fil-A set to donate a portion of Monday night sales to local school
- Federal penitentiary employees can grab free Chick-Fil-A on Monday
- Panera Bread voluntarily recalls some cream cheese
- A 96-year-old WWII veteran came into a Chick-fil-A with a flat tire, so the manager rushed out to fix it
- 50 years on, McDonald's isn't messing with its Big Mac
- Fleetwood Mac guitarist sues bandmates for kicking him out